Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today my baby is 7 years old!

Warning: Today's post may be sappy! Today is Gabrielle's 7th birthday. Normally I am yelling and running around trying to get her ready for school on time but today was different, she was up before the first daycare kiddo arrived! First thing she said was, "Mommy, today I am the birthday girl". While she was getting dressed Dustin ran to Dillons and brought back balloons to start her day right!
Gaby is my oldest child. Through her I have learned to be a parent, learned to love unconditionally, praise, be patient(still working on this), be thankful, listen and be humble. With Gaby's seven years of life I know that she will become something great, someone that helps others, and some who loves with all of their heart.
Gaby and I have a bond that I think you only have with your first born, there is something there that I can not explain... not favoritism but something. Last night as we were driving to her gymnastics class, I gave her a pep talk...try everything, be open to new challenges, you can do the high beam ect. The time came that it was her turn to do the beam... as she is trying to get up there she looks over at me. I give a smile, and "you can do it". She then gets on the beam and starts to balance her way across. It seemed like time stood still as my heart stopped and I watched her. She completed her task and when she jumped off she looked at me and nodded with great pride. I thought to myself, this was a special moment as a mom to a) be there to support her and pump her up for a challenge b) be there when she accomplished her goal.
Anyway- I wanted to share some things about my little girl that still wants to hold my hand, still says, "I love you mommy, you're the best", and still wants to have girls nights with me! She is one of a kind!

Gaby and her birthday balloons. We are having a birthday party tonight for family the Sunday she is doing a gymnastics party at CAGE. Busy birthday weekend!

This is Gaby when she was a month old. Mia looks just like her, same frown and all!

No comments: