Thursday, November 6, 2008

My tenderhearted Gaby!

Last night I had one of those moms moments that just broke my heart. Gaby had came to me saying she had missed me. I had to run some errands and was only gone a short while. She was balling. She wanted to "spend time with me and go shopping", we had just did this a few weeks back and had a blast. I thought she was just wanting new stuff again. Later that night my little girl came back up stairs (almost 11:15pm) just having a meltdown. She had several tissues, bright red eyes, and just emotional. Gaby then told me about a situation at school that hurt her feelings. When I asked if she had told her teacher, she said no because she didn't want the other kid to get in trouble. She then told me the story didn't happen because I mentioned I was going to ask her teacher.

Gaby is my tenderhearted child. Around the house you would never guess that she is shy and scared at times to try new things.

I still don't know the reason for her meltdown as I spend a lot of time with my babies. I just know today I have missed her a lot and have been praying for a good day for her. I really just wanted to keep her home and spend some time with her but knew she needed to go to school. Times like this I know I can not parent alone or just with Dustin. We have to remember that they are God's children and we have to give them up to HIM. I struggle with this because I want to be there for her, I want to fix everything, and I want to give her the world. I know God is in control and will watch over Gaby as I can not. What a relief to know that is true!

2 comments:

Mommy to 4 boys and 1 little girl! said...

What a sweetie. It must have really bothered her. It's so hard to let them go. But you're right. They're God's first. Doesn't make it any easier though!

Dawn Estes said...

God is in control and He will guide you. You are such a good mother and I'm so proud to know you. Continue to pray for your sweetie and I will, too!