Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How the daycare functions...

When I am asked, "what do you do for a living", I reply, " I own a home daycare". The next comment usually is, "I don't know how you do it". The biggest thing for me is having the kids on a routine. They know when they come they have free play and TV time until Gaby gets on the bus. Then we move into our preschool/learning time ect. Another great help is having centers. I am no where close to operating like a child care center would but I like the idea of having 2-3 stations they can go to in smaller groups. This leads to less chaos, fighting, and waiting for turns. I use centers while doing I am doing one on one art time, flashcard time, or working on writing skills ect. Today we had several things going: coloring, dry erase board, blocks, and train. This was our morning!





No comments: