Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh... what a weekend!!!

As a couple of my dear friends have pointed out, I have not updated my blog since Thursday. And now I have some much I want to say, I don't even know where to start. So, I thought I could tell you about my weekend. It was fun, tiring, expensive all at the same time. So, hang on and here we go....
Friday night started out as soon as the last daycare kid left. I had a hair appointment (5:15pm) that was before Dustin would be getting home from work. I rushed the kids over to my neighbors' house (Thanks Courtney and kids) where they stayed for about an hour.

Here I am with my new hair... well, same ol' hair, new color and cut! I love the look and the edges of the cut. I hate being boring so I go to great expense to have it look fun and sassy. My daycare parents are probably saying, she never looks like this when we drop off... yeah, sorry guys!
After the hair appointment (8:15pm), I met Dustin and the girls at our next event... a birthday gathering for our small group leader Matt. Matt and his wife Rachael open their house up to our small group every other Thursday so we can fellowship, pray for each other, and complete a bible lesson. Then once a month, we try to get together for a social gathering.

Tonight we had snacks, (I made chili, yummo) games, and fun conversations! Here I am acting out my word...football! Love the picture, huh???!!! I think it was their goal to get the greatest pose from each person who played, and I am thinking this was mine!

Next we finished up Gaby's birthday with her "friend" party at CAGE gymnastics. The party was stress free and worth every penny spent. All Dustin and I had to do was show up with the girls, cupcakes, and checkbook. They had an hour on the gym floor and then gifts and cake. At one point in the party they opened it up to parents. We could go on the floor, play with our kids, and use their toys. I thought it would be fun to get in the foam pit to play with Kadyn and Gaby. No one told me that it was like being in quick sand. It was a long, funny, drawn out experience. It ended with one of the teachers and Dustin helping me out. Just what a 30 year old wants... 2 men pulling her out of a pit of foam... Go Me! (I thought I would spare details, red faced pictures, and video... but if you want more laughs follow the link on the side to Dawn's blog)

Here I am in the pit from... you know where... laughing to the point I am in tears, losing my shoes, and trying to figure out how to get out! Here I am, parent of the year!

Here is the table and kids getting ready for cake, goodie bags, and gifts!
AFter Gaby's party Dustin and I didn't want to cook, we treated our family to dinner at our favorite place... Olive Garden. We got there just before the rush. We had a great time with our family, stuffed our bellies full, and came home and crashed.

This is out of order... Saturday I was lucky enough to score a whole day to myself. I went scrapbooking. I was really needing to get my family album caught up to Mia's birth so I could start a new album, get Gaby's updated to 1st grade, and Kadyn's preschool days in her album. I was scrapbooking from 9am to 5pm and completed23 pages. I worked in everyones but Kadyn's. Here is a sample of Gaby's first day of school for first grade! Scrapbooking is such a great hobby for me. I love taking pictures, I love seeing how my kids grow, and I love to see how our family works.
Today I have been playing catch up. I was totally embarrassed with the way my house looked this morning for drop off's but I just did not have it in me to clean Sunday night... again, sorry daycare parents! But, before my kids arrived I did mange to start the laundry, pick up toys (which seems silly when they are right back out within minutes of the first kid being here), get my check book balanced, and fix Dustin's lunch. As the kids were finishing up breakfast, I washed the dishes (put them in the dish washer) and put together Mia's fun new chair!
Here she is for the first time in her big girl chair. Looks good huh, Jill???!!! (my awesome friend and daycare parent purchased this cool chair as our shower gift).
Anyway- here is my weekend... hope everyone is off to a wonderful (shorten) week!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome chair!! I love it. We might have to get one for Caleb! Do you know where she go it?
And I love the bday pics. You are red from laughing and embarassment and Jonathan is just looking at you like...what are you doing?!! I wish I could've been there to see it!

Laura Fluke said...

Toys R Us... they have awesome ones there!

Anissa said...

Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend! Love the pictures!