Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our Christmas Tradition....

If anyone has ever seen our family Christmas Tree you will see there is no theme, color scheme, or anything organized about it. However words can not explain the memories that go along with our Christmas tree.
My mom and dad started a tradition that Dustin and I have carried through with Gaby, Kadyn, and Mia. Each year since we have been born we have a bulb or ornament to symbolize that year. It is neat to look at each year and remember things you were "in to", or fads that were going on. Some of my decorations range from Rainbow Bright to a wide assortment of Disney. I still have the melted plastic cup in a shape of a wreath and the glitter spaghetti decoration I tried to throw away million of times. Even in 6 short years our girls have gained a fun collection.
Tonight while at Target, I saw the perfect ornament for me. It is a little angel and on his wings says, "tis a gift to be a mom". I thought this was great year to get this since we completed our family with Mia. This ornament sums up the reason I get up, breathe, and function. To be a mom is a gift, a great gift from God. It is a simple reminder once again that I am blessed to have my three babies, and it is a gift to be their mother and experience their life with them, and it is a gift to be one of God's children as well.

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

Dang it! Quit making me get teary when I read your blog!