Thursday, May 26, 2011

randoms...

"Hold on tight... here we go". Saturday we heard this phrase a lot. It is Worlds of Fun's new thing to say before you ride each ride. I have pictures of this weekend... really I do. However, they are on another camera that isn't set up to "talk" to my computer yet. The night before our outing to KC, Dustin and I discussed how we needed a small little camera for times we didn't want to load up our big ol' canon. It is so nice to have a little point and shoot one again. Oh, how I have missed it! But that is all to say, I don't have it all hooked up and I am so behind on posting because of it! So, hold on tight... more pictures will be coming! As if you an hardly weight! ;)

Here is my pile of "to-do" stuff. I am planning games and lessons for my older kids so they are not "bored" with everything the little kids are doing. I finally made a huge dent in that yesterday. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. I am also reading a great book, "Born to crave". I actually had to write, "read book" on my daily list. If I didn't, I would go weeks without picking it up! It's a great read... I'll blog on that soon!

I felt like the last 2 weeks of May have been crazy- just gearing up for summer changes, trying to make everyone's time here with me fun yet educational, and well balanced. This summer is gonna be a good one- I am just excited about some little things I am throwing in there to help our day. The list is getting shorter and that is always a great feeling too.


My big ol' hairy mess. This is my dining room- really it is my daycare classroom. I wanted to change things up a bit and ended up making a hug ol' mess on top of Gaby's room project! After 3 coats of mud, sanding, 3 coats of primer, and 5 coats of yellow- the wall is fixed and I can redecorate the daycare learning area. Note to self: wait for husband to come home before doing a "little" remodeling. I even have one more decal ordered to go on the other side of the lion to make up for that space down there. Yippy for the wall being done!
Yesterday was Gaby and Kadyn's last day of school. They both came home with book bags full of stuff from their desks. Gaby is like me in so many ways but one way she is NOT is being organized. Her desk was always a mess. I don't know how she could find anything... kinda like her room (which will be changing when she moves into her space with walls). Her bag just had crap in it. Crap. So waited until this morning to go through what we should save and what could be trashed. I threw out almost everything. Gaby had maybe a journal and a few little thing but other then that I filled up half of our kitchen trash can with her stuff from school. How can this kid really be mine... I am not a clean freak, but I hate clutter and not being organized!


My pile of savings... read next post! I am couponing! My neighbor passed on some inserts and I have started meal planning and keeping track of sales and deals... on a very small scale!

I did find these in Gaby's bag... (Liz, this reminded me of what you posted too), When the girls ate home lunch, I would write notes and stick them into their lunches. Gaby had saved them and put them in her bag. One day I had packed Kadyn's lunch and spaced off doing the note- She came home in a sad mood and I asked her what was wrong- she told me, "you forgot to send a paper that had words on it and a heart". (She couldn't read yet) It warms my heart to know they really like the notes and actually saved them!

First day of summer break... Gaby slept in, Kadyn stayed in her PJ's until after 9am, and Mia loved having her sisters here to play with. Ask me in a month how things are going but as for today- I love having my kids home. I love summer break to do things with them and not be so concerned about bedtimes and routines. It is a break for all of us! No fighting in the morning to get dressed or threats of missing the bus. Ahhh! Summer!

Some of my older kids... Like I have stated before- it's a fun change to have my school aged kids coming back. They bring a little, okay a lot of spunk to the day!

I started taking a vitamin this week... and look they have one that will give me energy. I am not sure how much more energy I have- I haven't felt any different besides the fact I pee more. Oh well... it was a suggestion to try a vitamin for my weight loss. So, here it is!


Weight loss is sucking right now... nuff said! I'll have a post all dedicated to that soon. I decided I wasn't going to post it until I could get out of my little pity party and move on! So for this week and last, I am in maintenance mode- it is just want I needed for now. I am not dedicated to actively losing my weight today, and that is okay!

My mom has a cool new chair coming soon. She needs something that when she is in her room hanging out she can keep her feet up- my brother found one that is steel framed and looks uber cool! She is excited and I am excited for her- She hasn't had "new" furniture in forever. I am sure this will be a highlight for the girls too that hang out with Grammy.

I am throwing this out there... we are still on the search for concrete bids for a drive way... know of anyone, please let me know. I have called over 2o people and maybe gotten 3 bids back.

Swimming lessons are starting soon- I am so excited but the weather must change or my kids and I will be frozen. Today was perfect in temps but I miss my hot weather a little. I know my tune will change soon but I am ready now.

I have decided not to tan in a tanning bed this summer. I haven't been since after Mia was born just because of time. I always feel like I "look better" when I am tan. But after seeing how my skin reacts to it, it's just not worth it. I get more freckles and the whole skin cancer thing really hit home now that I am older and see so many of my family and even younger people around me diagnosed with cancer. I know I can still get cancer or other skin issues but why make my chances higher. I almost gave in 2 weeks ago- I had talked myself in to just getting a "base" tan then not doing it any more, then I saw a couple of friends post a video that changed my mind yet again. My chances are higher due to my skin, my hair color... it is such a crazy thing that I wrap my self worth around how tan I am or am not. So... I am not tanning. I am just learning that my body will look good if I am pasty white or dark.

I guess I need to wrap my randoms up! I had a lot to chat about I guess!!! Hope the week is going well!

No comments: