Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Planting flowers

Again I will say, I kill anything green and weeding, flower watering, maintenance of a garden is just not my thing so why I plan an entire preschool lesson and run to Walmart with the girls to plant things is beyond me.

Last night Kadyn, Mia,Kendal, and I went to Walmart for dirt. I had already bought cute matching lime green pots and now it was time to do something with them. We bought seeds for carrots, green beans, basil and then 3 flowers to plant. Then I get to the check out station with my cart full of flowers, few other items, entire tomato plant and peper plant, and somewhere Kenni was in there too. Needless to say, I needed 2 carts and an extra set of hands.

After I am unloading items and keeping Mia from running way- I tell the clerk I need 10 bags of dirt. I ask him where to pick it up and if anyone could help load it. When we get to the van, I unload everything and head over to the dirt.

No one is even close to help.

I start loading the cheap, huge bags of dirt into the van and only get 5 bags before the next layer of dirt which is wrapped up and needs to be cut open. So, I go back into the flower area and ask the guy again for assistance to cut the palate open so I can get the rest of my order. Again, I go back to the dirt wait another 5-8 minutes-

No one is there to help again... this time I am getting frustrated. The kids are ready to go home, our van smells like nature, and I still needed to get the rest of the bags. Sitting next to the cheap dirt I purchased was the nicer brand that had all the mineral and vitamins in it. So, I grab those bags and left. Yes, those bags were more expensive and I had guilt. Well, after the annoyed feeling left.

This morning I called Walmart- I figured up the difference between the cheap soil and the nice soil. I talked with a manager and told them I would be back in on my normal shopping day and pay the difference of the soil. The manager was very nice- after telling my story, I think he knew that area should be better staffed during the spring flowering/planting season. I got the " don't worry about the difference and sorry for your trouble" talk. And I am okay with that. Now all my plants have cheap and not cheap soil and maybe stand a change of living this year!

Ahhh! On to our pictures. Me and the kids planting our flowers and seeds.

Kk- so very excited to plant carrots.


Mia kept running around the front yard shaking her seeds.

These are the already started tomato and pepper plants. Dustin has more starter plants he wants to pot too.

They were so dirty after we were finished.

After I told Dustin how we planted the carrots, I was informed that carrots will need a different pot- whatever! Again, I have no clue about this garden thing!

Mia doing a great job of planting her green beans.

More carrots, again will need another home. Again... whatever!

My pot of flowers... I love it!


Even though Walmart was an interesting experience, as it normally is, we still had great night of planting for garden goodies!

No comments: