Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mid week randoms...

Last night I tried a new side dish recipe. On paper it looked really tasty. None of the kids ate it, one threw it up, one just kept leaving the table, and one just played. So, I set the timer- I was determined to have them eat some of it. Each time the timer went off, the older 2 children lost something... computer time, DS ect. Well, the timer went off 2x and I was done- I threw their plates away and they lost their snacks and bedtime snacks for the night! Gaby was ok and took the punishment. Kadyn did not- this girl wore me out with the tears, the asking, begging of snacks. I was oh so happy to leave at 845pm to workout! I needed to get away. On the side note- Dustin and I didn't like the recipe either- fail all around!

It is a crazy time for 2 of my peanuts- without going into detail I am lifting them up in prayer and hope you might do the same. Nothing huge, life threatening , or health related. Just making choices for my kids and hoping they are the rights ones. Kids don't come with manuals, they are all different in so many ways, and I just pray that Dustin and I are doing what is best for them. I know it'll all work out and I will look back on this and wonder- why was I so concerned? Parenting can be the biggest ego buster ever--- but I do what I can and hope I don't screw them up too bad; I have 4 of them so I hope I will have one that turns out okay! Just kidding, maybe 2!

Gearing up for summer... so exciting! I feel like I have been in transition mode this week. I am redoing my dining room/daycare classroom, getting lessons planned for everyone, and even sneaking in some fall planning! I am stepping it up a notch and I couldn't be more excited to take the next step with my job and my daycare kids!

I am so looking forward to not having to fight with my kids to get up for school in 6 more days. (okay, I don't have to fight that much with them- just a lot to get done before 7am) They get up early anyway but that is one part of my routine I can take a break from. Getting them ready and having daycare can sometimes be a challenge but overall I think it goes well- just nice to let them hang out, come upstairs whenever, and I don't have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off- yes! I am looking forward to being lazy!

Dustin will probably kill me when he reads this- we are starting our first couple weigh in this week- I have always shared my gains and losses with him and through eating habits changing at home, he has slimmed down too. So, we are stepping it up and we are going to help each other. I am excited he is doing this with me.

Mia is still in diapers... nuff said! However, my fabulous hubby stopped giving her a night time sippy cup- cold turkey- just stopped. How cool is that? The past 2 mornings she has been dry- so now that the cup thing is done- thanks again to my rockin' hubs- potty training will resume Monday- all underwear, all the time, public or at home, nap time, night time! Go big or go home!
We'll see how next weeks post reads... fingers crossed!

I am looking forward to a day off Friday- I took it off so I can attend Gaby and Kadyn's field day at school. However there looks to be rain and it might not happen- so frustrating but what can you do? They might try for Tuesday and I will just have a late start for daycare if that happens- I have never missed field day and I really don't want to start this year- it is a highlight of the year for my kids and it'll also be Kadyn's first time to participate.

Tonight is Mia's last dance lesson. Sunday will be Kadyn and Mia. They dance with Fuzion School of Dance. This will complete Kadyn's 3rd year and Mia's 1st... I can't wait until Sunday! It's always a proud parent moment.

I started running to the couch to 10K application. I really don't plan to do a 10K this summer- I have set goals for my next two 5K's... like to better my time, run the entire run, increase my speed. After my first run I didn't know what to do next. I hate just running (at the gym)- I don't know if I am ADHD or something but I like having the voice on the ipod telling when to walk and run. It is a comfort thing- I think! I am pushing myself to run faster, so I can hopefully get to the point of 5k runs not being so challenging.

The basement is almost done... we (meaning Dustin) have a deadline of Sunday to have Gaby moved back into her room, have everything painted, stained, put together, finished. I can't wait to have our "grown up" family room. We bought a brand new non daycare TV over 3 months ago and we haven't use it but one time- Dustin brought the TV upstairs so we could watch 2 movies then took it back downstairs after we were done- made me laugh that he went to all that trouble for 2 movies, that turned out to not be that great of flicks anyway... all that is to say, we are so close and we can't wait to enjoy a space that is separate from my work space.

Happy mid-week... hope the day is going well- the kids are up and daycare will be here shortly! Make it a great one and thanks for catching up on my randoms!

No comments: