Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feel like I need to catch up!

Life always seems to be zipping by! I am super uber excited that this week we have only one night out. Yes, one night away from home. This will last through May- short lived but I welcome the relaxing evenings.

So most of you know I ran my first 5K in April. It was a great experience and I can't wait to do it again. Nine weeks ago, I was no where ready for this but it was a goal. It was on my calendar and paid for. I have learned that in order for me to keep going I have to set goals. And even little goals to for THOSE goals. I am one big goal setting fool. After my run, I slacked off- I only worked out 3x and didn't track my food. How easy the weight comes back on when your body is used to working a lot harder.

I am not perfect! I so know that I get close to a goal and start to slack off so that goal might not get reached? Make sense? Just stay with me as I try to explain. I have never maintained my weight. I have always been over weight, pregnant, or actively loosing weight. I have never hit my "life weight" goal. As I get closer I start to resort to bad habits- am I scared the weight will come back on? Absolutely. I am working hard right now to eat healthy, work out 6-7x a week, and loose weight. If I maintain, what will change? Do I back off the working out? or allow let my guard down on eating or hope it'll all balance out in the end?

I don't know what the answer is. But is does scare me a little to know that the pace I am going at now might be a forever pace for me. I will forever have to workout 6-7x a week, I will forever have to weigh in weekly, I will forever have to track my food, I will forever have to think about the life style I am living. Forever is a big thing.

So to push me back on the right track- I have two more 5K to run this summer. This will keep me working out at Jazzercise and running at the gym or around my neighborhood. I even email my food tracking to a friend to help keep us accountable- some days are good, some days are not so good! But having someone to look at everything I have put in my mouth is eye opening for sure!
Okay- moving on... here is a picture of me before my race.

Kenni had her 15mo. check up this week. She is growing- she jumped to 20lbs for weight (15%) and 30 inches for length (45%). She had a growth spurt in length since her 12 month check up. Kenni is pulling up on everything now- she has always been a little delayed with gross motor. But I am finally seeing some signs of her confidence and independence forming.
We are having some perfect weather summer like weather yesterday and today! Okay, we still have our AC off. I took a pull on FB- great source I know- to see if we were the only ones. We are lucky from the point our house does not heat up until 3ish and it cools off by 5ish or soon after. I don't mind being hot. Only time I don't like it is when I am sleeping. With our windows open, fan going, it really has been pleasant. (Just a side note-While I like not having the AC on, I do know the guidelines for temps in the house for daycare, I would never allow our home to become unsafe for my little peanuts that I watch- I keep an eye on the temp of our home for that very important reason)

My Mother's day weekend rocked, I spent Friday night and Saturday working on my pictures and getting the kids' scrapbook caught up- I am still nowhere close, I am getting there. I also got the carpets cleaned by Stanley Cleaners. If you have never gotten carpets cleaned by them- you are missing out- it is such a treat! Then Sunday we went to church and then had family come over! Simple weekend yet the best ever.

House projects suck... nuff said! Well, I am going to say a little more! Dustin is still working on Gaby's room- It's getting closer and we are to the point I can help by painting. Now that we have some evening freeing up, I hope it is finished soon. I love my house- really I do. However I love the contempo look. And... because our house is almost 40 years old, that look is hard to achieve. And... achieve it on a home daycare budget! There are things like new cabinet hardware, counter tops, the drive way, and painting the outside of the house that we want to do. Not huge things but big enough that we need to plan and save- which is not a huge deal- but just another thing to add to the list of never ending things!

We have been outside a lot the last 2 days... and I love it! We have done circle time, reading, art, gardening, meals... everything outside! Love it , Love it!

I love cake- and I hate that it is so many calories... I found a WW recipe for strawberry cake. It is simple, cheap, and absolutely my new favorite!
This picture is not the finished product- after the fudge topping has dried, you added Cool Whip Free onto it for the frosting.
Take notes... Must try!!!
1 strawberry cake mix
12 oz diet ginger ale
1/2 jar of sugar free fudge topping
1 container of cool whip free.

Mix the cake mix and ginger ale together
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (test the middle to make sure it is done)
Heat up jar of fudge according to directions and spread 1/2 of jar over the cake
Once cake has cooled, top with cool whip and enjoy!

It is 120 calories for a large piece. Yummo!


Gearing up for summer- I got these cool new cups for daycare- we have uses flimsy plastic ones and they wear out or break. I finally found these and love them. Today was a little confusing as the kids had to fins their new color and name label. But by lunch time, they had started to get it! I love the bright colors and who strong they are! Yippy!


Kinda crazy- My step grandmother on my mom's side is in the hospital. She is 87 years old, lives by herself, (my grandfather passed away 9 years ago) and was hit by a car while walking across the street. My family is mostly in town and her daughter came in from VA to be with her. She has already had a surgery and was was beaten up pretty badly! Just praying for her as she makes this long recovery ahead of her.

I am starting a bible study for the summer- the topic is on staying mentally and spiritually fit, after all, our bodies are God's temple. I am looking forward to reading it soon. I also ordered some parenting books too- As Gaby and Kadyn are getting older I find Dustin and I entering into a whole new world of parenting I that is unknown to me. I always tease that we are screwing Gaby up so we can get it right with the younger 3.

There is less then 3 weeks left of school at SHES. I say good bye to one of my peanuts from daycare, and we switch gears for summer lessons vs school lessons. Lots going on but in a good way! I love summer- I love having the girls at home. It is my time to be with them and hang out with them. I miss that as they are in school. Check back in August and I might have changed my tune!

Well- I think I am caught up! Nothing else to report on! End this rambling post up and tackle my "to-do" list! Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments: