Thursday, May 12, 2011

Books I am reading...

So, I have never been a big reader. Even growing up I never just sat and read books. I am trying to change this. I have a goal to start small and read 1 (small) book a month while keeping up with a home bible study.

My first home study for the summer- I thought the topic was fitting since this is my life right now. The book was super cheap and I pray that I draw motivation from it as summer starts and we hit the ground running!

Do I dare admit that I bought this book? I love having all girls and if I could bubble them up and keep the from harm and protect them at all times, I'd be the first one signing up. Reality is that I can't. And I struggle with Gaby getting older. Finding a balance between good and evil I guess. She is nine. She isn't into skirts, dresses, make up and girly stuff. She loves soccer, kick ball, and has a lot of boys as her friends. However, I know is growing up and I certainly don't want her to be an outcast but I don't want her to grow up too fast either. So, I am digging into this book over the summer too! Gaby's 3rd grade year seemed to be a be transition year from little girl to " you need a bra, your friend said what, where did you hear that from, what do you mean you guys aren't friends any more, I'm so glad you love to read, you lied to me, just clean your room right the first time, thank you for helping your sister, I want you to make good choices, say your prayers, I love that smile, just go to bed" type of girl! Growing up is tough... I just pray as a parent I support her the best that I can.
Yes, I know... another book about eating. Are you really surprised though??!!!

A lot of my FB friends recommended this book.... again, I am starting small and working my way up to bigger books!



Anyway... books I am looking forward to reading!!!

No comments: