Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Simple things for some!

Some people may think simple things like lining up, putting your shoes on, putting a jacket on are easy to do. Well, for adults it is. However for 1 year olds- 4 year olds this can be a challenge. Since the summer months we have been working on some independent skills such as: getting shoes (younger kids), putting shoes on, getting jackets, lining up, knowing their own cubby, recognizing the letters in their names, ect.
Today it happened. I told the kids it was warm enough that we could go outside this afternoon. EVERYONE (expect infants) got their shoes on, EVERYONE lined up, and EVERYONE could get their own jackets and ask for help if needed. This was a big day for them and me. Once I saw they lined up perfectly, I promptly shouted at them not to move so I could take a picture. It is simple things like this that I get so excited about. It makes everything so worth it when you see something we have been working on "click"! What a proud afternoon...Go Kids!

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

You gotta love when they "get it"! I'm sure it has SOMETHING to do with their great teacher!