Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy day...short post...cute pictures!

Yes! This is a picture of my hand, as I was driving to Walmart for the 3rd time in 2 days, I was adding to my list. By the time I actually got there my hand was full and I had to right on the inside.
I love Halloween I really do...but I am ready for it to be over. Treat bags, treats, face paint, costumes, art supplies ect....it is all highly over rated. But then you see the joy, smiles, and the laughs that come from your child when they are at the party or getting their costume on and again it makes it all worth the wild that leads up to that day!
Here is look at the Peanuts doing our spooky spider webs... we did this one in stages. The lil' guys had to sit next to me as I directed the art project. Here is lil' A getting ready to shake her glitter.
Here is big A putting the finishing touches on his web as well... it was messy and sticky but the kids had fun!
C is dipping the noodles in the starch to get them to harden. He started to cry when I asked him to pull the noodles out of the bowel. He wasn't done but we had to move on.
Here are the older kids. I demonstrated the project and then they had free reign of completing the spider cobweb. This also helps with giving/taking instructions, sequencing and order.
So far these are taking a while to dry so tomorrow we'll loop string through them and glue of friendly spiders on them.

I am off to go to Gaby's party soon, I still have to cut tissue paper so... I will blog more later, I'm sure!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

We did the spaghetti spiderwebs today and it was super fun for all of us! I can't wait to see them all dried! Good plan, friend!