Sunday, October 19, 2008

G's first time....


This is a picture of the 40 kids that showed up for the first rehearsal at our church. This is G's first year to be a part of the kids choir since you have to be in 1st grade to start. She was a nervous lil' girl. She is sitting on the first row wearing jeans and red/grey stripped shirt. All I asked for her was to try her best and keep an open mind. I told her we were sticking with it until Christmas (their big performance). I think after she gets a CD of the songs that they will be working on things will go a little better! She loves music, loves to sing, and loves to make up her own songs. I pray she will let her guard down, relax, and have fun. This will be a good experience for her. The first row was all 1st graders that were new to the choir. A couple of times G came over and sat with me with big teary eyes requesting she go home. I made her stay... I think doing things that are somewhat uncomfortable make us stronger. I don't know what next week will bring, probably more melt downs and tears but until then I am convinced I have the next "American Idol" on my hands!!!
PS- Thanks Bryan for the picture!!!

2 comments:

Gabby said...

Hey miss thing! Look at you looking all cute with a new baby! :P It's been a while sinc we last chatted huh? Man how time and life just take you away from your buds! I still remember being one of my first SCS buds. Anywho...I'm bookmarking your blog so I can visit often K! HUGS AND BLESSINGS! I haven't forgotten you...just wanted you to know that!

Gabby said...

BTW...sending lottsa luck to Gaby!