Friday, October 24, 2008

My Exciting Friday!

Today is Friday...that in itself is exciting however it has been a crazy busy morning with all kinds of comments and questions coming from my kids' mouths.
This morning as I was putting M in her swing, I looked out the window and saw this sign across the street. My neighbor called and set this up on our block since there are 15+ kids in a block span. How fun it is to look out and see this cool, bright, sign... it makes me happy! K also saw the sign and asked, "why is that kid running?"...
This a project I can now take of my "to-do" list. This morning I was low in numbers so the daycare kiddos and I picked out pictures to frame. We did review shapes since the frame has all types of shapes and sizes. Give me anything... and I will turn it into a learning experience! While we were picking pictures out, J looks up at me and says, "waura..She so cute"! I promptly agreed!
The highlight of our day was when the guttering people showed up. Let me first say, my house is not broken, it is not going to fall down, and we are all safe. Just in case your preschooler comes home saying other wise. First of all- the kiddos don't understand what guttering is, I tried explaining this. K's reaction was, "why is our house broken, I'm not safe". After that comment, everyone picked up on it and it was all downhill from there. After lunch, K was getting upset and asked, "why are they not done already?". For the first hour they were hear, this is what the kids were doing. Looking out the window. I had a play by play narrative of what was going on. They did not miss a beat!
No, they did not pay me to advertise but... this is why we choose them to do our guttering. First, they have free bids. Second, they were in the SHES book for local businesses. Third, the guy that gave us the quote was super nice. And Last- they were very reasonable...not cheap but doable after saving up for the home improvement!

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

Love the pics of the kiddos at the window! They look like such a fun group! And the Children Playing signs will make you feel so much safer when you have your girls playing out front! I love that you're in a community that supports its families like that!