Sunday, October 19, 2008

I am still learning...

It is Sunday night and I have just finished up laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and getting the kids in their beds, not yet sleeping but in their beds! This is the time I reflect on the day and myself as a wife, mother, Christian woman, child care provider ect. to see what areas are working for me and what areas need help! As I really got thinking... I have a lot of areas that help. I spent a lot of time in prayer, which seems to be the only thing I know how to do. I feel as if I am failing in my personal spiritual walk with God, failing as a parent in teaching them and living our beliefs, and failing as a wife in supporting my husband as a Godly woman. I need help... I want to give this all to Him and start over. I want to have the daily time I see others have, I want to sit down and read His word with my children, and I want to pray with my husband daily so we are starting the day/week with God number one with us!
How do I start... I want to know how to change, how to brake old habits, and how to become a better Christian mom, wife, and leader! I want to know how to lift stressful times to God and let Him be in control vs me trying to control him.
There is a song that always sticks out to me when I am at a low, the chorus is, "When the world looks at me so they see Jesus? When the world looks at me what do they see?"...
So, it is my goal to start slowly, I know if I do it all with an bang, I will not continue the changes I am trying to put in place! My goals: to start the morning 10 minutes earlier so I can pray about the day, my family, my life, and my "to-do" list, before D walks out the door pray with him, after dinner do a short devotion with G, K, and M, at night, spend 10 minutes reading His word. Each week or every 2 weeks as these changes become a habit, I want to increase my personal time so I can gain personal knowledge for my walk with Him.
It sounds so easy as I type. As soon I post this, I will be praying to follow through and keep up with it, will you pray for me too???

No comments: