Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting ready for Gaby's party!

Ahhhhhhh!
Tonight it hit me that I was nowhere close to being ready for Gaby's 1st grade Halloween party tomorrow. I am in charge of bringing Halloween books, putting the treat bags together, and an art project for 20 kids. Panic sat in about 8pm when I realized I had not touched the treat bags, gathered books, nor had supplies for their art project...way to go super mom...not!

Here I am sitting at out toddler table putting together 20 bags for the party...let me just say, these parents provided some cool things:play dough, bouncy balls, pencils, mazes, poppers, and scary teeth. Holy Moly... all of it didn't even fit in the bags!

Here are the 30+ mason jars I stole from my Mother in Law, Denise. She is the only person I know that I can call, giving less then 24 hours notice, and get 30 jars the next evening. She saved me a lot of time and money for this art project!!! Thank you Denise!!!

This is our finished project... I am doing this for the first grade party and our daycare party on Thursday. It is so cute yet so simple!
You take a glass jar, paint it with liquid starch. Then you place the tissue paper on the glass while still wet. Paint on another coat of starch. Let dry, place a votive candle in the jar and light! Here is the sample I made.
It has been a long day. I am getting Gaby's cat costume packed up, the rest of the supplies ready to go, books picked out, then off to bed!

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

Halloween is a crazy time, isn't it? Everything will be great! You always pull through, SuperWoman!

BethH said...

How fun......I bet the kids had a great time making these.....you are a wonderful daycare mama!