Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our new play area...while it is wet outside!

K is trying the slide...she is just happy to get outside since I told her it was too wet to play in the back.
Our group shot...somewhat! We were passing the pumpkins around talking about size, texture, and color. After circle time I was trying to get everyone in the picture but lil' A is on the go, and redhead A is off at the sand table... so not all the peanuts are shown!
Lil' A never gets to explore very much since she is still new to walking... the deck is an awesome way for her to move, play, explore without getting hurt or dirty!!! She loved going in and out of the play house. What independence she had.
We were getting ready for snack when we finished up moving toys...the kids loved eating outside! And of course, there was no clean up either!!!
Our playhouse, slide, sitting area, and sand table...
My poor muddy playground... hopefully after this weekend, we'll have some new solutions!

I have always loved my outside play area. It has a lot of open space, fun toys, and nature all around. However, when it rains it become a rainy mess and usually takes a good 3 days to dry out enough for kids to run and play.

When I saw the weather forecast for this week, I wanted to cry...rain all week. Rainy days cause the kids and I to go crazy. This morning we took some time to pick out some of our favorite toys and moved them up on the deck. This way if the yard is still wet, they can continue to play and have some fun toys to explore as well. We have used the deck as an outside classroom by reading books, doing messy art, and taking care of our herb garden. Now we can use it as a second play area as well.

***In the last picture D has marked off where he will be placing landscaping timbers and filling the large area with wood chips. He is planning on doing this Saturday.This will also help take care of some of the mud issues along with helping keep the outside toys clean too. If you have time and would like to help(husbands/dads), I know getting the wood chips back there is a job in its self...we would love to have you. I know D would kill me if he knew I was trying to get help but extra hands would be great!***

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

Looks great! I cannot believe you hauled that house up there all by yourself!!!