Thursday, October 23, 2008

Picture of the day/contest!

Picture of the day: Normally before lunch (as I am fixing it in the kitchen) the kiddos sit and watch Barney or our ABC video. I will not lie, this is a time of chaos, tattling, and, "Laura, he/she is touching my mat"... but somehow, by God's grace we get through lunch/nap time transitions every day. But today was different...it ran so smoothly!Kids were sitting, no one was touching mats, littler ones were looking at books, and everything was fine with the world. I kept checking one them because there was the lack of chaos, noise, and tattling. What a way to start nap time. High Five's all around...my daycare rocks!

Contest! Contest! Contest!!!

I normally have my house pretty organized... not always clean but organized! I hate clutter, things need to be simple, simple, simple! Here lies my problem child... my daycare closet! This closet is located in Mia's room. It holds art supplies, activities, paper, paint, teacher props, DVD's, books, games, lessons ect. This closet bugs me to no end because I am not making the best use of my space. So, I am asking for help. If you have some organizational ideas, or shelfs you have seen, or ideas to use what I already have... post them or email me. If I use any of your ideas, I have a BLOG GIFT just for you! ***disclaimer-the blog gift will be a fun lil' something for helping out, you will not get rich for submitting any ideas...sorry!***

Overall view of my monster...I have been stewing over this space for over 2 months!!!



Top of the closet has 2 long shelfs that run the length of the space!

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

Ummm - yeah. Not enough shelf space! Move the dresser (I know you're not thrilled w/the dresser being in the room - either get over it or find something else that will "go" with the room for a dresser! :o) Get a shelf unit to put on the side of the closet w/o the hanging clothes, the rubbermaid and label-maker away!

OR get an armoire-type storage unit (w/closing/locking doors) that is black like your entertainment center and use that for your "daycare closet" out in the living room which eliminates you having to deal with the dresser!

Do I win something?! I think those are awesome ideas! Now, will you come organize my daycare stuff? :o)