Monday, October 27, 2008

Priceless Husband!

4 trips to the forestry to get mulch for daycare playground= $60.00
Trip to Lowe's to get landscaping timbers and supplies for playground = $120.00
Trip to Harbor Freight for saw blade for daycare project= $25.00
2 days spent outside working to make my playground a better place... PRICELESS!

Today's post is a bit "sappy". After this weekend, I have noticed I do not give my husband enough credit, thanks, and applause for everything he does for me, our children, and my home business. When I come up with crazy ideas or "projects" around the house, he is my go-to man. He has saved our family thousands upon thousands of dollars by researching, learning, and doing things himself.

Once again D has come through for me. As you may know, I am getting ready to send in my renewal paperwork for my Daycare License. This is a scary thing for me. Someone comes in unannounced and judges you, your home, and your job. I feel like a do a good job most days but everything has to be perfect and no one I know has ever gotten a perfect complacence visit. D went above and beyond what the regulations stated we had to do for our swing set that we added this summer. He boxed in the swing set, placed ground cover all over, and nailed it all together... sounds simple, right??? This took 2 days and the help of D's step dad. He never complained, whined, or got upset for the time it took to help my business out and make our playground look nicer for the kids.

D is a very SELFLESS man. He will do anything for anyone and does. Saturday night I came home with 3 boxes of "organize -it" boxes to be put together to tame my daycare closet. He looked at me and told me he would get to it Monday. What a man. Everyday he works full time, commutes to his job, spends time with the kids, and helps me out with my projects and somehow finds time to meet my needs too (not just with that, get your heads out of the gutter). And does it with a positive attitude along the way.

I guess I am now rambling... but take the time to recognize what your spouse does for you, it might not be a 2 day project, putting things together or ripping up the dinning room carpet (next weekend since that is where kids eat and it is stained beyond belief) and replacing it with title... it is the little things that count. Remember to acknowledge what they do everyday... tell them that you love them and you appreciate them. Or even blog about them...=)!

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

Aaaawwww - sappy posts are good! He is a good man! I'm sure, while a lot of his motivation comes from how much he wubs you, he is inspired by the awesome job you do with the daycare kids and how you're always looking for ways to improve! You and D ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. That meant a lot to me.