Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weight Loss Update...

Oh wait... there is nothing to update. Here is a picture of Dustin and I back in May of this year. I was still on the bandwagon at this point and was at my thinnest weight. Summer is in full swing and I feel like I have wasted it- or have I??? Like I have said in other post, this summer has been and continues to be one of the best ones yet. Our kids are at great ages and it was so easy to enjoy them and their time off from school.

Summer has taken it's toll on me- it allows for worn out evenings and lazy nights where I just want to sit, watch TV with the family and not have to run off to the gym or Jazzercise. Even during the school year I didn't compromise family time to workout- it would be so easy to work out as soon as Dustin gets off work and get it out of the way but I don't- I enjoy working out after the kids are in bed so I am not taking mom time away from them.

I hate using time as an excuse for anything. I think if you want something bad enough you will make the time to do it. However, as our kids are growing up, their activities demanding more time and taxing, trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle is becoming more of a challenge. This past year Dustin and I have belonged to a 24 hour gym. It is right up the street and it was my home away from home. But even when I was using the membership Dustin was not. By the time I would get back home, that put him up at the gym super late. After a long 8 month debate, we decided to invest in a treadmill. We put it in the downstairs family area so there is no excuse not to use it. It was an investment for sure, but I feel like I can use my nap time to hop on for a few minutes and Dustin can have the evening time. It was a great purchase for us both. Time will no longer be an excuse for me.

Meet my new running friend... (sorry so blury- I was running while taking the picture)

So... because we purchased the treadmill, I am saying goodbye to my long time friend...the gym. We have had lots of laughs and tears. It was certainly a love hate relationship. I loved that I lost 44lbs while being here but hated the pain that it took to get me here...

Moving forward... as soon as I get this foot this worked out. Last weekend a friend and I walked the lake (7.2 miles). It felt great besides the blisters I got from socks and older shoes. I got home fixed up the blisters and wore flip flips the rest of the day to avoid rubbing of my foot. Nothing abnormal about this- I walk in flip flops a lot or barefoot. By the end of the day my right foot was hurting so bad. I could barely walk on it. The next day I was sore from the walk and my foot still hurt so I didn't work out. By Sunday night the blisters were better but not the foot pain.

So, I posted on FB about it and two of my friends brought up a foot issue to look into. Plantar Fascitis is the issue that kept getting mentioned. After day 3 of extreme pain, I started wearing my tennis shoes around the house (which I HATE) and finally got some relief. Monday night I tried running, it was an epic fail. My foot hurt to bad- which lead to my mini melt down. Today I was able to walk 30 minutes and run 10. So, I hope I am on the foot mend.

After thinking over my summer and thinking how I wasted the time, I realized nothing was wasted. I kept my weight within 5 pounds and I had a blast just enjoying the past couple of months. We got a lot done with our family and house projects. Who could ask for anything more??

Well, I can. I still have these last 25lbs to loose. I am back to the drawing board. Day 1 for everything. I am starting over with my bodybugg, workouts, and food journal. I am easing myself back. I challenged a friend and myself to make some goals for the next month. Mine this months don't reflect numbers on the scale. I need to find my routine and structure first then start my weigh in's again. Plus, if I follow each weeks goal, the weight will come off anyway.

This week's goal is to get my workouts in 6 days a week... run/walk an hour or Jazz class
Next weeks goal is to meal plan/count calories for meals while getting workouts in
Week three goals are wear bodybugg and journal personal calories while getting workouts in
Week fours goals are to do all three weeks goals and add weekly weigh in.

Thanks for checking in... I'll update some goals in a month. Hope you are doing well and hopping on that healthy lifestyle bandwagon. Gotta take care of you so you can take care of others!

1 comment:

kansasqueen1 said...

I have the same issue with my left foot and had it x-rayed and have a heel spur. So, I got some shoe inserts at Reuter's, very expensive, but I so love them and they make a big difference. I also got some Orthaheel sandels to help as well. I was told my Croc flip flops are a thing of my past, however I haven't caught up to that completely, but I do where them much less.