Thursday, August 25, 2011

In the green grass...

When I first saw this theme, I wasn't so sure out the outcome. However, we are on day four and we are loving it.
Today we did some fun outside nature activities. It was a beautiful morning, I even turned the AC off for a while. We started a grass collection for our sensory table, we counted trees (since I have a forest in the backyard, we lost track several times), and we walked around barefoot in the backyard to experience more characteristics of grass. I

After spending a great deal of morning outside exploring, we cam inside to work on our art.
We cut up green streamers and glued them on our paper. This represents grass...

We are working on hard on using scissors (my older preschoolers), and glue sticks.

After our grass was dry, we pretended the brown paint was mud.

We painted our feet and walked through the grass once more...

Some enjoyed the experience of getting their feet painted...

Others were not too sure...

Kenni was pretty giggly... (this was after snack, her momma really needs to clean that face, shesh)

Our barefoot adventure






Tomorrow we are having a grass tasting...hmmmm!

No comments: