Wednesday, August 3, 2011

total randoms...

Here are some total random thoughts and pictures. I felt like I needed to blog and even though I have a ton of daycare pictures to share, I still need to upload them into the right place..aka I need my hubby's help because I have no clue. Which is why I am using my iphone to take pictures and blog. It works...

The above picture is one of my favorites of Dustin and I. We had a date night a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. We ended up getting his and her massages then going out to dinner. We had lots of time to catch up and gear up for the upcoming craziness known as the "school year". I love date nights- they certainly don't happen often as I would like but then it makes it that much more special when they do happen. The best part of our night was that it was paid for- I had received an awesome going away present from a family who's son is going to school this year. We cashed in all of our gift cards and it made for an outstanding and cheap night for D and I.

Here was our room... all dark and relaxing. I was super tense at first since I don't like a lot of touching from peeps. But after a while, I was able to relax and enjoy the hour. Dustin loved it- he is ready to go back anytime.

So, another major house project checked off our list. A fully concreted driveway has now been completed! I am so excited that it is finished and we can actually park on it Friday. I'm almost scared to use it though- which kinda defeats the purpose of getting it done, huh? But now we are moving on- our last huge project will be painting the house. I am still shooting for August but not 100% sure since I just set a date for us to have a garage sale too. If I would just stop adding things to do, we'd actually get things down.

Speaking of adding things... I am excited to be taking on more responsibilities with our church Awana Cubbie's group. I am going to be the director this year. It is an outstanding program and I am excited to be doing more- however I have some hard shoes to fill so I pray that I do the program and the little kids that attend justice. And, if you are reading this and have some time on Wednesday nights, we always need some leaders. There is a lot to be done this month before club meeting start- very excited about what this year will bring.

Daycare is taking a huge step this fall- we are switching curriculum this year and I couldn't be more thrilled. We are also adding Weekly Readers from Scholastic into our week as well. Our year will have a fantastic balance of art/crafts, learning games, more hands on/dramatic play, worksheets, songs, and more. I am so uber pumped about it! I love the change and I think the kids will too!

Kenni and I goofing off- Kendal is really taking to walking now. She still looks a little out of place when she is doing it but it is still coming along. I am proud of her progress. She continues to be so vocal. At her last evaluation she tested at the 24mo level for her words and passed her hearing exams too! She has developed such a personality.

Then there is Mia who turns 3 in a couple of weeks. This kid is 3 going on 12. I really can not think how she will be be in grade school and teen years because the thought of it just scares me to death. I go back and fourth between, "It has to be her age" and "Geez, what did I do to screw her up this badly?". The sad thing is, she is totally my child. Everything I see in her I see in myself. There are days I just have to laugh at her because if I didn't I would be a heavy drinker or in a deep depression. Yes, this kid can do it to you! But, at least she is cute and does well for others like her Sunday School teachers and her dance leaders... so maybe there is hope that her behavior is just a phase!

Here are the Peanuts at enrollment. The middle one was along for the ride. I know I have said it before but I am not ready for school and summer to be over. I am sad that I will be sharing my kids' day with teachers again. I know I could not do what they do- so I have to give in and send them to school! They are starting to look forward to it. This last couple of days were spent getting supplies for school, soccer and dance bags ready, drawers cleaned out, school shoes and socks bought. I feel like we are ready for school but the change is certainly not wanted right now. It was nice to have a awesomely laid back summer.

Yesterday I got my bright neon folder in the mail for daycare- which means my evaluation for my daycare is coming up. This will be my 3rd year in this program. Based on my scores I am award money to "upgrade and improve". It is a great program to be a part of but with the grant money comes a high level of standards to meet and a lot of work. highly worth it though!


I guess I should wrap up- the one and only thing I am looking forward to when school starts is a nap time break again. My older school aged peanuts are great but they don't sleep. I will enjoy having this time to catch up and stay caught up again!

Thanks for checking in...

No comments: