Thursday, June 23, 2011

randoms...

I feel like my blog posts have been short ans sweet as of lately- well they are. Summer is a busy daycare time and some days I have a little one sleeping in my room where the computer is so I don't get much time to go into details or even catch up. But I do what I can and hope everyone still checks in every once and a while to see what we are up to.

Last weekend we had a pretty big storms. Saturday morning we woke up to our lights out and this is what we found in the back yard. We were lucky that our power was restored within 5 hours (2-3 of them which we were still sleeping so it wasn't a huge deal). Late Saturday night, we had crews in our backyard from 10pm to 2am, cutting down trees and fixing the transformer (of our neighbors). It was an interesting day! It kinda threw our day for a loop.
We are getting close... July is our "get our new driveway done" month. It has been a long time coming and it'll be so nice to have a big area for the kids to ride bike, play hoops, scooters and more- by concreting the entire drive way- it'll triple their space to play. I am excited as we get closer to our driveway goal.

Kadyn update: after I came clean and talked about Kadyn and her schooling I received so many comments and feedback. It was great to hear from people and their stories. Kadyn is doing good. She is still doing 3 sessions a day with me. We have even involved Grammy as out "read to" person while I make dinner. I see some progress but it still isn't "clicking" 100%. But I see improvement which is great!

Gaby and Kadyn are going to camp next week. This is their first time. I am excited for them however will miss them. I love having them home (most days) but I want them to experience the joys and adventures of camp as well. This summer has been good balance of being home and sending them to camp. I hope they have a great time.

Dustin and I started a Sunday School class last Sunday. In our 11 years of marriage we have never attended a class due to having small babies or having my mom with us and not having a class for her. We decided it was time to stop making excuses and do it! It was a fun time- we knew a lot of faces and think it'll be a nice fit for us.

We are having a garage sale, painting the house, getting the driveway done, getting all new electrical work done, and updating our kitchen... Really???!!! Yes! I am a little stressed and in crazy mode. SO many things to get done but the summer season is really the best time since all of our activities are on break. Just pray D doesn't go crazy- only one crazy per household and I am normally the one that takes that spot!

Weight loss....hmmm! Next topic! No really, here it goes. I pretty much avoided loosing weight and working out this past month. Not on purpose- well, maybe a little on purpose but mainly because life just happened. I am pretty sure this has never happened to anyone else and no one has ever been in the same place as me, right? Good! I knew the first week or so of June I wanted to maintain. I had my little "come to Jesus" talk and I wanted to just step back from the active weight loss. So I did. Then 2 weeks ago I tried to get back on track, failed. Last week I got back on track, lost 3 pounds then eased up for 4 days and my weight came right back on. I am back where I started a month ago. It's gonna happen. This wasn't the first time and I know it won't be the last time. There are months I feel like a rock star and can loose the weight and then are weeks I just feel like a rock. Not moving, heavy, and just blah.

Yesterday seemed to be my turning point. I realized in a short time, I accomplished 3 pretty big goals. I did my first 5k, lost 75lb, and I got under 200lbs. All things to be celebrated. But after the high of these events were finished I didn't know where to go. So, yesterday was my day. I ran at the gym then went to Jazz class to help jump start journey... AGAIN! My goal for the next month is to build up to running 4 miles without stopping.

Kendal update: We have her TARC visit coming up next week. At her last visit our gal told us Kenni needs to be wearing shoes. She wore them in public but not around the house but since then she has been. Luckily she hasn't fought me on wearing them. The last 2 weeks she has been in hot socks and tennis shoes. Yesterday I tried these shoes on and the fit (thanks Lisa R.). They are a little more summer like and her feet can breathe a little more. And they are so stinkin' cute!

I am seeing so much progress- Kenni is standing up on her own, cruising, and taking some steps. She is really developing a personality. My chicken little is growing up. I think she will be up and running soon and then I will look back and ask, "why did I push her to walk again?". Kendal is starting to get more involved with daycare. She is doing circle time with us, music time, and some art.


I can not be trusted with pop tarts and cereal bars. I normally don't keep these things around the house but since my older kids eat all the time, I try to keep little things on hand for them. This is not good for me! I am getting some good practice on will power. Yesterday was not a good practice as I had way to many cereal bars.

Well, I better stop the rambling and get some things checked off the list. Hope I have caught everyone up for a little bit and I will update again soon!

No comments: