Monday, June 27, 2011

Kendal's new stages...


The one challenge of having a home daycare is catering to all the different ages of children. Although I love doing the preschool activities and centers there is no way I will always have just older kids in care. In order to stay in business I will always have to rotate in little ones.

Kendal is the perfect example of catering to her age. When the kids are 12 months or older they really start to notice when the older kids are doing activities. They start sitting for some parts of circle time and even start joining in with their own language. This age LOVES music time and bounces and dances along.

Today Kendal joined us at art time. She wants to be a part of of our activities and gets super mad when she can't be involved. Because she still tries to tear paper and eat crayons, I put her in her high chair so if she messes up her own paper, it's okay.

Some days it can be harder then others... she would not let go of our water dropper- so she explored, got wet, and had a fun time. You have to be flexible with this age for sure.
I love that she is taking an interest in water play, play dough, and more. It makes her seem like she is growing up- not an infant any more but a toddler!
I know she is benefiting from circle time and calendar. She can count, one... two... tree (three). Her vocab is awesome for her age.



Our little peanut is growing up... and I am excited for that! I love watching her as she grows and explores her new stages of development!

No comments: