Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Let me start by saying that I had no expectations for this day. I ran to the store before daycare started and had issues getting what I needed for our fun dinner tonight. I came home to 3 out of our 4 child awake (6:30am) instead of their normal 8am. After juggling them, picking up the house for daycare, getting lunches for camps, and getting art ready for today- I had a feeling this might not be the best day ever. Hmmmm! I was right!

While getting supplies ready for the cutest July 4th art project ever, Mia decides to dump the glue out of the bottle and paint with it! So, after I cleaned up her mess we started art.

After art was started, things calmed down for a few- mainly Mia. (that kid needs her beauty sleep and waking up that early means major drama for the rest of us) Our art project was done in stages which means it takes up most of our morning. But it was so worth it!

First step- cutting out the paper plate and painting it blue.

While I was going back and forth with the little ones, the older ones did a couple of crafts on their own outside. It's a fun change to give them some simple instructions and know they can ran with it. They made a fun July 4th star pin and decorated a dog tag necklace.

Between stages we did cars, legos, and books...





Our next step was decorating our painted blue paper plate... we used star stickers.

Our end result...

So excited how these turned out- it was the one thing that went right today!



Awesome job kiddos!!!!

No comments: