Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Monday!

Meet Miss Jackie. Jackie is our middle school helper that comes in the mornings to hang out with us, plays games with the bigger kids, and overall is an extra set of hands. This summer is our second summer to have Jackie come and work at our daycare! The kids love her and she is an outstanding remodel for them as well as a huge helper for me!
Welcome Jackie!

While the big kids played freeze tag, the little ones made a butterfly.

They colored a coffee filter and we twisted pipe cleaners around for their bodies.

We have done this project several times- but it is one of my all time favorites!

Can you believe that I asked my big kids if they wanted to help out and have jobs and they said, "yes"? I was a little surprised by their willingness to help, want to have a job, and how well they keep me on my toes about their jobs! I love it- now if they would just fold laundry, I'd have it made!
Friday we brained stormed some jobs that are helpful to me at meal times and helpful for the little kids! Here is our new helper board. Today we are making name plates at nap time so they can rotate jobs weekly. I am so excited how they stepped up and wanted to help out. Now- this is only the 2nd week of summer- I'll update you on how the excitement stays as time goes on. But for now- I'll take it!

Kadyn is out teacher's pet this week- which means water duty. She gets to fill up cups, take them outside, pass them out at meals ect. This is a big job for her. (she isn't mad, she is really watching her cups to make sure she doesn't spill them) Again- so happy they want to help!


Happy Monday!

No comments: