Monday, November 7, 2011

Sleep Tight...

We are on week two of our theme, "Sleep Tight". It's a cute little unit on bedtime routines, moon/stars, daytime/nighttime, and more. Today we talked about our special "things" we need to sleep. Like blankets, teddy bears, pillows, or stuffed animals.

We talked about our new letter this week. We are trucking right along with letter, "I". Before circle time we went on an "I" hunt.

Two months later and I am still singing the praises of our Funshine Lessons. I really love the teacher resources it gives me to help our peanuts learn. Today we learned, "Ten in the Bed". We had a poster and 10 children that we used. At first, I did the subtracting of the children on our poster but at the end of our lesson, the kids were helping me.

Our book of the week... a sweet little book about how the animals and children wake up. It has bright pictures and fun word patterns. Lots of fun things to talk to the kids about.

My name in stars... one of our art activities.

The peanuts also colored a comfy bed and glued on paper squares to make a quilt so they would sleep tight!

My littlest peanut... I couldn't get her to look at me for nothing. She loved grabbing the toys in the saucer this morning! She was cooing and talking this morning- she is getting so big.


We finished up our morning with our writing journals. My peanuts are showing some really nice progress on their letters and numbers. Today was one of those days I could see the wheels turning and they were working hard. I am so proud of them.

No comments: