Friday, November 11, 2011

Our week in a nutshell...


Most weeks I am able to keep up on everything I NEED to do... however, the last 2 weeks I have had to have a marathon laundry day to catch up. I normally do a little every day but I kinda like doing it all at one time and having it finished for the week. Normally it isn't THIS bad but, this is "sick" laundry from Kendal too. Blah!


My mom and I just finished 6 hours of in-service from the ERC. It was an awesome literacy based training and I learned a lot- but the nice surprise is that each daycare got a gift card to purchase items to help build literacy. And, guess what... my order came in yesterday. It was fun to unwrap all of our new goodies to help with reading and writing.

One of the nights, the trainers talked about how these puzzles help build the muscles that kids need to write. I purchased two since I have 3 toddlers that would benefit from these. Kenni had fun trying it out this morning.

I always get so excited about this... I know I have blogged about this before. I have a friend that has a little girl one year older then Kendal. After each season, she lets me go through her clothing and buy them from her. Kenni is a lucky kid. She gets to look cute and it is cheap for this momma! Ahhh... such a blessing.

In October I received my visit from KQRIS. It is a stressful and humble time for sure. The gal that did my observation was here most of the day watching how we do things. She could show up any day in October. Yesterday I got my rating and score in the mail. Last year I was 2 points away from a 4 star, and this year I am 3 points away from a 5 star. This is awesome. My goal was to hit 4 stars for sure. I was proud of my kids for being awesome during the visit- and the remarks that were given overall are not bad. I am pleased with this years experience. Good news is now that we hit 4 stars, I don't have to have an observation until 2013. Yeah! Next step is my consultation to see where/what improvements can be made.


I am counting down... next Tuesday after work, Dustin and I are heading off to KC to see "Mates of State". The concert doesn't even start until 10pm so we are staying over and coming back sometime Wednesday. I am thankful to my mother in law who is camping out with our peanuts and has morning school duty. However, I am so stoked about spending the time with Dustin and jamming to some great tunes.

In the same week, I have girls night out on the 18th to see "Breaking Dawn", then a friend visiting that same weekend, and Gaby turns 10 on Sunday. Such a busy week. At least we are getting all the sickies out this week... knock on wood.

For some reason our DVR is screwing up... so I caught up on all my missed shows on the computer, which isn't bad because the commercials are a lot shorter. However, I hate just sitting on the computer. It's so non productive for me.

On that same note, I sucked it up badly on my eating this week. I made my calorie burn but went over each day on my calorie intake. I am sure it had nothing to do with the 6 boxes of girl scout cookies that came up missing over 5 days... Yikes! But, I am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow, to get the damage written down and strive to make this week a better one. I even got my 2 miles in today even though I felt like I was going to hurl the entire time.

Just a cute picture... I love this kid, most of the time!


There it is... we are caught up for this week. Thanks for letting me ramble!

No comments: