Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Day we gathered up and had dinner at our place. We had my mom, dad, grandma, here along with Dustin's mom, step dad, sister, her boyfriend, and his family. It was a tight fit but we made it happen. We transformed our living room into a dinning area. I love decorating- we have had the same table setting for a few years now so each year I try to make it look different. I was happy with this years look.

I made little turkey's out of cookies, candy corn, and chocolate covered cherries. I made little candy corn candles using all supplies from the Dollar Tree. I even picked up the mini sparkling juice and wine glasses there too- It is my favorite place to shop.


Dustin's job is the turkey. The day before was spent smoking one turkey and the day of he fixed the "normal" turkey. He loves doing this... really, he does!

We get a little silly in the kitchen. Gaby and I peeled and cut up 10 lbs of potatoes.

My grandma was able to make the trip from KC with my dad. I am always happy to see her. And of course I am not bitter at all that she remembers Dustin and everything about him but not me and the girls. She has always had a special place in her heart for Dustin and it still shows.

All the food in our small kitchen...

All of our guests and family...

And at the end of the night... we are still smiling!!!

No comments: