Thursday, September 8, 2011

Omaha Zoo

This is just a snapshot of the 200+ pictures that Dustin took while we were at the zoo.
The weather was perfect for hanging out with the animals. Even though we were on day II of the young peanuts not having naps, everyone stayed in good moods for our 8 hour day.

This thing was huge, it is the desert exhibit ... the underneath area was filled with caves.



Enjoying the carrousel

Because our trip was totally planned within 12 hours of going, we tried to cuts some costs. I was totally happy that we thought ahead and packed a cooler for lunches, snacks, and Kendal's milk. That extra work really made the trip a lot cheaper.
Chillin' in the parking lot as we are having lunch.

Inside the rainforest...

One of our favorite exhibits... aquarium

Let me just stop and say, I did this thing for the love of my children. This ride went up in the sky and went over a portion of the zoo. I really couldn't tell if the view was great or not because I never looked down. I am super duper afraid of heights! I worried about Kadyn knocking my purse into the Rhino poo that was below us and holding super tight to Kendal. Kadyn had a blast and talked about all the animals she could see, and Gaby loved that she saw the lions being feed. Over all it was worth it, but I will just say, the things I do for the kids!

As we are leaving- everyone still had smiles.


As most of my friends know, I am not a big zoo person. I hate all the smells, I hate bats, and I just am not a huge animal person! I know, my poor zoo deprived kids. However, I am trying. While we were here, we purchased a zoo membership. I am really hoping to hit some of the near by zoos in our area.

It was a great overnight stay- a nice chance to get away and enjoy our family! I am glad we picked up and headed out. Everyone had a fun time!

No comments: