Thursday, September 1, 2011


"Oh, it's time to say "hello" to all our friends!"

Playing outside before it gets too hot! The girls love being on the deck... no shoes!

Centers... Magnetic and dry erase boards

getting ready for bean bags...

house area...

Our theme this week is "Off to School". This is such a hard topic since some of our friends come to Ms. Laura's for school and some go to another places for school! We try to make the best of both worlds and be excited for everyone no matter where they learn.
Even though our littles don't ride the school bus, we always have fun talking about it.
Thanks to another daycare friend of mine sharing this idea, we made twinkie buses.
Our before...

Our after... you get the point! A fun learning treat for the kids!

Yes! They all got knives. We were very safe and went over "frosting knife" rules! They did an excellent job of listening to step by step directions. The last step was the best... eating it!

Kenni didn't care about the bus, she just ate the twinkie.

Then we colored a cool lookin' school bus.

It had the cutest bunch of kids looking out the windows.

I know you guys are so tired of hearing my talk about our curriculum. However, I have more to say. I love the new format we are using and could not be more happier. We switched curriculum in June to "try it out" and I can not say enough about this program- Today we kicked off our "school year" lessons. When we started in the summer, our lessons were reviewing letters and finishing numbers. Today, we are starting our basics, we are back to number 1. letter A, and color red. Yeah!

Our daycare classroom- all of our posters are hung up- each day day at circle time we will add a number, color, or letter to the posters. What a fun display! Even though we are in a home setting, I feel like we have a "real" preschool setting! A place the kids and I will enjoy learning.
See, my new flannel board--- I was so tickled when I was organizing some goodies this morning to find, "Wheels on the Bus" flannel story! I had ordered it 6 months ago and totally spaced off I had it! I was so excited that today of all days I found it! The kids LOVED having the flannel board as a part of our learning time. Guess who will be looking for more stories to add to our collection?? Yep! That's right!

For our dramatic play, we acted out our song, "Wheels on the bus".

Today was a good day! Preschool learning here we come!!!

No comments: