Thursday, September 8, 2011

Off to school...

We are finishing up our theme of, "Off to School". I loved some of the fun, unique projects, dramatic play, centers, and songs we have learned this week. I wish I could document it all.

Today we started out day with dramatic play... the kids love playing in the kitchen area. I loved how it turned into our typical morning at daycare. I hear the girls saying, " Gaby, log off the computer, it's time for the bus", and "friends finish eating so we can do calendar".



All ages can play...





I know I talk about my preschoolers a lot. I do have a younger crew that are just as involved with lessons as well. This year they even have their own set of lessons. Their curriculum is not a monthly one like the older ones but quarterly. Their theme compliments the older themes however they might be the same.

Today the toddlers finger painted. This is a pretty new them for the younger 2. It was a fun time for exploring.
Some were not too sure about it at first...

Some were pro's at it...

And some just went with the flow...

My little toddlers...

The finished project... cute little keepsake!

Today we made mini backpacks...

We even discussed all the items that go into our backpacks. After we finished making them we stuffed them full with homework, a pencil, and a box of crayons.
I think we are ready for school after this week...
Tomorrow is our weekly Reader Friday and we'll review our color red, number 1, and shape circle!


No comments: