Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting away

Last week was one of the busiest weeks ever. Normally I handle stress and pressure pretty well- I think I do anyway. However last week I was looking at what seemed to be a never ending list of things to do. I was also looking at a 3 day weekend that had nothing fun planned for our family as well. I was at my breaking point. I knew if we stayed at home over the long weekend, I would be stressing over my list, crabby, and cranky to the kids.

On short notice, Dustin and I decided to pack up the peanuts and head for a overnight trip to Omaha. This was just what we needed. Saturday I packed up up the kids stuff, Dustin made reservations, made sure my mom had her meals, and we were on the road Sunday afternoon.
The peanuts were so excited!

Sunday night we stayed at a hotel that the kids loved- no frills but very family friendly. The room has splatter paint on the walls- not my favorite but whatever... on the other side of the wall was where the kids stayed.

Can we say awesome??? The girls loved it. Mia and Gaby shared the bunk beds and Kadyn took the window bed. Kadyn called it, "Our Apartment". I loved that we were sharing a room as a family but the kids had their own space.

Kendal spent the first hour we were there just running around the room. She would stop and giggle then move on to a different area. She loved the mirror though, she was very happy laughing and smiling into her reflection.

Mia liked getting up on the top but couldn't get down...

Swimming time...

The water was cold- it was inside however not so heated but the kids didn't seem to mind.

Getting ready for bed. Kendal was going to share a bed with Kadyn but shortly after we laid her down she ended up in our bed. Let me just say, it was not the most restful night of sleep. This kid tossed and turned all over. We have not had a child in our bed for over a year and Dustin and I are so thankful for this- we need our sleep!

Bed time snacks.... chocolate cover donuts with sprinkles... I know, great choice however it was a fun night out, bad choices don't count.


Day II... on to the zoo!

No comments: