Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weight Watcher Wednesday...

I like posting when I find new recipes that are quick, easy, and family friendly! Even though I work from home, I am still well... working. I am always looking for healthy, fast, kid friendly dinner menus for my family. I try not to fix meals that need a lot of prepping unless it is on our slow week or weekends.

This was my new purchase- I am a sucker for cookbooks. I actually don't mind meal planning when I can sit down, look through recipes, and make my list.

Last night I made Barbecue Meatloaf (6 points per slice/237calories per slice)
(Raw form)

What you need:
Cooking spray
1/3 southwestern style egg beaters
1 cup of bbq sauce
1/3 grated onion (I used powder since I like the taste but not onion)
salt
pepper
2 pounds of ground sirloin
1/3 cup of uncooked quick- cooking oats

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees/ spray loaf pan with cooking spray
2. Place egg beaters in a large bowl; add 1/2 cup of bbq sauce, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stirring until blended. Add beef and oats. Using hands, gently mix.
3. Place mixture in loaf pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. Spread remaining bbq sauce over loaf and bake an additional 15 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.

Finished product (I left off the additional bbq sauce on top and left for dipping- my kids will eat anything as long as they can dip). It had great smoky flavor and crispy edges.
Tortillas I use... the are multi-grain (which I normally don't go for), but taste like a white tortilla. They are 1 WW point a piece or 71 calories. To my knowledge, Dillon's doesn't carry this brand, Walmart does, not sure about Hy-Vee.
Chicken Mixture:
2 individual packaged WW cream cheese (120 cal. for both/4points for both)
1 can chicken breast (60 calories for can)
taco seasoning (1/2 of package)
taco sauce (optional)
tortilla (71 cal.)

Mix chicken, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of taco sauce, and half of package of taco seasoning in small sauce pan over low-medium heat. You want to melt the cream cheese. When all melted and creamy add to tortilla. You can get 3-4 nicely filled burritos out of one recipe.


I will try to keep up with Weight Watcher Wednesday. Please note- Most of these recipes are not original (like the BBQ meatloaf), I am just re-posting the recipe after trying them out on my family!

No comments: