Thursday, March 17, 2011

randoms...

I will put it out there... this is the time of year that my emotions are all over the place. Winter is still hanging around yet spring is fooling us with some nice days here and there. Some days we go outside for hours, sometimes we don't. It is just a crazy time. Then you add day light saving time and that just puts another dose of crazy into the mix. Thank goodness this time doesn't last long. I can't wait to get out of the in between stage of everything.

The bigger kids are asking to wear lighter spring clothing and shorts. I really don't care but that means it is time to start "the switch". Getting heavy winter stuff into tubs, mark the sizes, and see what is hand me down able and what isn't. I started this daunting task with Mia and Kendal's stuff last night.
Going along with "the Switch", I am also selling or giving away all of Kendal's clothing from birth to 12 months. Nothing says we are 100% finished with babies like getting rid of everything she has ever worn. I kept her 1 year stuff so when this point came, I could go through it all and make a pile of "special" outfits. Once this pile is finished, a family friend makes a blanket out of these outfits. They memories are still there but not in a tub collecting dust.

Facebook is such an awesome social outlet. I love staying current with my "friends" on FB, however it is a time sucker for me, sometimes a source of drama, and I start to judge people on FB a lot more. I am stepping back- maybe a FB diet type of thing. I need to make sure I am not loosing sight on why I want to be apart of Facebook... make sense at all?

I am doing away with Weight Watchers... the last 2 weeks I have started a different "diet" method, instead of tracking points, I am tracking my calories. It still is a method to use to lose weight, get healthy and stay healthy. Calories to me is a little more long term future thinking. Even when eating out, I can almost always look up calories on a dish but not always all the info to figure up points. I am still in the very early stages of learning the calorie counting method. Still 100% overwhelmed as well.

I ordered this cool thing to help me on my adventure of calorie counting... if you watch the Biggest Loser, you have probably seen this product. On of my friends also has one and has gained so much info on how her body burns calories, not just during a workout but in her every day life. I am excited and scared to get this up and running. I am excited because I think it will be a great tool to see when I am working the hardest and how much I am really doing in a day- I am scared because I am afraid of reality setting in and maybe seeing how much I am not doing every day... After this weekend, I'll report back!


This last week was a roller coaster ride for sure...thoughts from, am I doing a good enough job with daycare to am I pushing myself hard enough during my work outs? . Just plain ol' craziness! I signed up for a 2 mile run and my first 5K. Anytime I think about these, which is a lot, I want to puke. No, really... I do! Pushing the button to register was like the most anxiety ridden thing I have ever done. I think giving birth to 4 children was easier then registering for these events. I am afraid I am not good enough or will have to walk more then run or whatever. I am not a negative person but the thoughts of doubt running through my head are just crazy! I know I can do it! I have an awesome group of friends that have enrolled in this run too- we are training together at the gym as well for it. We are all busy involved moms that go and work out after the babes are sleeping. It will be a great experience whether I walk, run, do jumping jacks, or crawl... okay, now I have to go puke!

I have a new found love for turkey... I have always loved turkey, at Thanksgiving. We would eat it more if I (meaning Dustin) didn't have to cook up a whole bird in order to do it. I just now (the past 5 mo) started finding cool turkey products that I am in love with! Holy Cow, they have turkey tenderloins, turkey cutlets, and so much more! They are super cheap and healthy too! Man, turkey... where have you been all my dieting life?

Dustin is selling his coffee! He has such a love and passion for this. I am happy that he is doing this- it is very low key, but if you ever want to try his made with love, hand roasted goodness, let me or him know. Dustin is getting some great feedback from the first order he has placed- he even has a website devoted to coffee stuff, I will get the link and post it asap- I don't want to send out the wrong link....

Kids are busy little peanuts. I am not sure when they are not but it is to the point where I think something might have to go. I also started a homework calendar. Each day Mia, Kadyn, and Gaby have things to study (not all school related) even if it is for 15 minutes or so. After they have done what is on the calendar, they can have their time to play, computer or whatever. We are on day 4 of this system. So far so good! I feel like a better organized parent, more on top of things. And, we aren't so rushed at bedtime to get everything crammed in.

Wow... how is that for a random post!!! Have a great Thursday and hope the week has been going well for ya!


1 comment:

Mel Evans said...

Laura, if you want help counting calories, I'd recommend myfooddiary.com. That's how I'd lost my 35 lbs before becoming pregnant this time. I intend to go back to it once I'm done with this baby. :) Let me know if you ever want more info about it!