Wednesday, May 6, 2009

what we have been doing today....

Today was a busy morning! We spent a lot of time outside playing, reading books, and working on projects! As many of you know, Dustin is trying to "fix" our backyard. He is growing grass so we have a fun and not muddy river as a place to play. However this takes time. So, we play on the deck, driveway or on the non-roped off area of the backyard to get us by!

Today we switched out our deck toys to make the area fun again. We brought up one of their favorite climbing toys. They had a blast playing. And even though the toy house was still on the deck, they played with it like it was new as well.
While we were outside we did some "work" too! We are working on our projects for the special people in our life. And, it just might be something really cool for our moms... who knows! If you can't guess I am horrible at secrets and I can't wait for the finished product. I am bursting at the seems not telling... but here is a sneak peak of some of the fun supplies I bought last night at my FAVORITE craft store...Micheal's!

I also have a very heart warming story to share about my trip to M's last night! I had gathered everything on my list and started to check out. I started talking to the checker as I do because they are big people and I need big people conversation some times...anyway! I was telling her all this was for my home daycare and for my mom's. As she was ringing my order up, I made a smart comment like, "this will be fun for the kids but not fun on my pocket book" because it was certainly adding up. After the gal was finished, I saw my total. Then she started to type in some numbers and my total went down. I looked at my new total and she just smiled and said, "I worked with a lady who ran a home daycare and I know how the expenses add up". I thanked her again and again. As I was leaving I looked down at the receipt and she had given me 25% off my total order. That made my day. I was teary at her good deed. I wanted to talk to a manager and tell them how impressed I was with her but then I didn't want her to get in trouble for helping me out! I hope she knows how much I appreciate her gesture and that makes our projects even that more special!

No comments: