Monday, May 4, 2009

The Killer's Conert

My all time favorite band, "The Killers" came to KC last Saturday. We found out about the show way back in January and bought tickets as soon as they were on sale. For some reason they always come to KC around our wedding anniversary so I always play that card to get Dustin to get me, I mean us tickets.
We had a great time... Dustin and I have seen this group 3 times now and each time the show gets better, the crowds get bigger, and the lead singer gets hotter. Okay, anyone that knows me understands that if I ever had the chance to be a Killer's roady, I would in a heartbeat. I am just that much of a fan. The entire night I was plotting ways to sneak past the hundreds of big dudes to meet my favorite band people... I was unsuccessful!
As a part of their set, they had a huge vase and real flowers in it. After the show, they (the stage crew) started throwing the flowers out. I of course went up by the stage to try to get one. The dude in front of my caught the flowers and then when I whined I just wanted one flower, he turned and gave them to me. And, yes, I am 30 years old and I whined...
So, when I tell the story in person, it really went down like this.... I was up by the stage and the lead singer, Brandon Flowers came out after the show and picked the flowers out and came over to me, knelt down, smiled and gave them to me and said, " I laid eyes on you during our show, I wish you were not married so you could marry me and give me all the marriage bliss you that you have with your wonderful husband". And, I smiled, thanked him for the flowers and said, "love like this only comes once in a lifetime" and then I walked away.
I know, a little over the top but I HAVE FLOWERS FROM THE KILLERS CONCERT... I have to have a dramatic story to go with it!

This is Dustin and I after I turned the lead singer down and after an awesome rock show!


One of the many shots that were taken on Saturday.... awe... have I mentioned how much I love these guys??? Awe....

No comments: