Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I like being an "Us"

Dustin and I met back in high school. We were best friends then started dating. And that is where it all started. I will spare you story after story that proclaims my love for my hubby of 9 years. But I will tell you that he is the best friend, soul mate, husband and father that I could ever ask for.
We have come along away... We were married May 19th, 2000 at our home church, Topeka Bible Church. Dustin and I both were in school,working full time, and living in my parents garage (after we got married, of course). We found out that following March we were expecting Gaby, we didn't wait too long to start our family. Fast forward 9 years and we own our own home, have 3 beautiful daughters and a strong marriage that I am thankful for everyday. We are certainly not perfect, but we are still smiling!

Tonight D and I celebrated our endless love by going to... China Pavilion! It was great. It wasn't too full so when we all got a little silly it wasn't bothering other people! Tonight was Mia's first time with an Oreo cookie... the above picture was her first smile after eating it, priceless!

My very own Peanut Gallery... Gaby, Kadyn, and Mia

On the ride home I was taking requests for Killer's songs. They are my favorite group and it puts the biggest smile on my face to hear my 4 year old and 7 year old call out their favorite songs from my play list! I have raised them right!

Dustin and Kadyn goofing around at the CP...fun times by all!

I was playing around and snapping pictures, in the course of one evening, I took 62 pictures. After I got home, I was playing with the affects and goofing them up a little. This one is for FaceBook... I am sure it might make a profile picture of mine soon!

When we got home... more fun, happy couple pictures! I LOVE this man more then cheesy pictures and words could ever start to describe! He just gets how I am, no need to explain and he loves me for it!

I made him take this picture... we are so flippin' cute!!! We need our own Hallmark card, I tell ya!!!

This is another silly picture/pose! This is for all of my young Facebook peeps that always stick their tongue out or pucker up their lips... I can do it too!!! =)

I like being an "us"... I know the last 9 years are not all perfect and happy times... together we have been though deaths, births, family fights, tears, laughs, school, melt downs, sicknesses and more but we have made it through, Us, Dustin and I!


3 comments:

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

Being an "Us" is my favorite part of it too! Congrats on 9 years together! I love the pictures from your silly night!

Have you seen the Story of Us? Its one of our favorites and the fact that you picked Chinese makes me think of the movie even more!

Dawn Estes said...

Oh My Gosh! You look so amazing! You are such a Hot Mama! Dustin is such a lucky guy to be married to such a freakin' gorgeous woman! Wowsers!

Jeano said...

Laura! You look awesome! Keep up the hard workouts!