Monday, May 18, 2009

SHES Field Day...

Friday was Gaby's second field day at SHES. This event at the school is an awesome time for all of the kids. They have stations of games and time limits so when you are finished you move on to the the game.
Above is Gaby guarding her pin for one of the games. I should have posted the picture that comes after this one... but it is sad and breaks my heart so I didn't. Gaby was stuck on the end and none of the balls were coming her direction. One of the balls came towards me. I thought I made eye contact with her and kicked the ball to her, well, she didn't see the ball and it ended up knocking over her pin. I know, I suck... nice one mom! She wasn't to happy with me that I was the one that ended up knocking the pin over. Luckily for me she forgives and forgets!

Gaby is on a mission to tag people so they can then put on a yellow shirt. The teams that recruits the most members, wins!

Gaby running on the relay races... she has good form!
One of the last events is the "tug a war". Each of the 1st grade classes take turns pulling... somehow they all had a turn to win... hum!!!
Even so, I have to give the folks at SHES credit. This event goes on without a hitch. It is organized, well thought out, and they have lots of help! Awesome time was had by all!

No comments: