Monday, May 11, 2009

I hate Mother's day...

And Father's Day, Grandparent Day, and whatever family member day we have created. Before I get bashed let me explain...I think it is important to honor the people in your life all year round and not just on a holiday. These Holiday's are fine but I think it is kinda silly to cook, buy a card, necklace or flowers when you can do this any day, time, or year! So... honor the people you love everyday, treat them like it was Mother or Father's day everyday... okay, let the comments start...Now!
We had a very fun day on Sunday... I started my day working out (so I could eat whatever I wanted even though everything was pretty healthy to start with), then I came home and got the girls ready to go to church. We were moving in slow motion or something... by the time we snapped a few pictures, got loaded up, and driving, we were late for church. Not just a little late, but miss the first 15 minutes of all the songs late. So, because we weren't moving very fast, I had not had time to eat breakfast. Which leads me to my next picture...
We stopped at Spangles, because it just taste better and grabbed some grub, another good reason I worked out that morning! We hung out, played the toy claw game and went back home to get ready for our family cook out!
We had my mom, brother and his family over along with Dustin's mom, step dad and sister. It was a fun time. We ate and chatted and watched as the kids played.

Below is a picture of my mom unwrapping her gifts with a helper... she loves writing notes/cards to people so we gave her several packages of cards and of course pink pens.

Below is our last attempt at getting a good shot of me and my girls! As you can see...we were unsuccessful, but I am okay with that because to this date each year has been unsuccessful, so it would almost be more disappointing to get a great picture on this day then to not!

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

Amen, Sistah - and that is an adorable picture of you and the girls... You are a rockin' hot mama - and diggin' the necklace! You must have a great jewelry lady!

BethH said...

Well, the pictures are just adorable...so what if they ar enot looking perfectly at the camera...hehehe, one Easter my boys were sword fighting with invisible swords for the pictures! LOL! So much for great Easter Sunday pics! Love what you said about treating people every day like it's their special day. So true. Reminds me of the saying "Treat your company like family and your family like company"..so true.