Monday, May 4, 2009

My Kadyn is growing up...

This weekend was a huge realization that Kadyn is growing up. I think I miss some of the settle hints that she is doing so because I stay at home with her everyday. This Saturday as I was taking her the dance studio to get her pictures taken, I was pretty emotional.
Her pictures say it all about her... she is saucy, out spoken, original, emotional and loving... all rolled up into 27lbs of girl! And, even on our worst day of back talking, not listening, temper throwing day I wouldn't change it for the world.
Kadyn getting ready for dance pictures...

A few weeks ago we got a call informing us that Kadyn had been accepted as a peer model for preschool this fall. Again, this is a huge sign that she is growing up. My second baby will be going to school this fall. She will be gone four days a week in the afternoons. She will love it. She is ready. I am not! I decided to stay home and run daycare when she was 9mo old. Kadyn has always been with me. I dreaded the day Gaby entered into Kindergarten just like I will dread the day when K starts school. And Yes! I will send her but I will cry everyday for at least a week!

I know it is a natural progression to send your child to school, have them participate in "big girl activities", and let them explore without holding your hand. But it is hard for me. Knowing how much my day is spent with my children, doing for them, and being a better person because of them...still so hard!

Kadyn (and her sisters) bring so much to my day. I look forward to seeing if she will ask for her daily bowl of cornflakes (with sugar on top-as if I would forget), letting her pick out her out outfits, and telling me, " no, I am the boss applesauce".

So, even though I know she will not stay 4 years old forever, I should wish time would slow down just a little just for the sake of the wonderful memories this little girl has created for us and our family! My little Kadyn is growing up!

Kadyn after our girl night...she picked Pj's, purse, and hat that all had Hello Kitty on them...

No comments: