Wednesday, May 13, 2009

looking ahead....

While Spring has certainly kept us busy, summer looks to be no different. This year Kadyn (4) and Gaby (7) are first time softball players at the local lake league. We are spending on average 3-4 nights a week at the diamonds. We have found out that Kadyn is not a sports kid but loves her dance and Gaby is. Or at least she really likes playing softball...

As for daycare we are done with all of the learning lessons per say and moving on to nature and hands on activities. We are slowing down to spend more time outside, gardening, and relaxing. I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks when we buy our pool (last years had leaks...) and get water toys out. This is always a highlight for me and my girls as well. I must admit the summer isn't as light as I would like it to be, but it will still be a blast with all of our new and old friends. We have 2 new children coming and a school aged helper. I am excited to welcome the new faces.

Family life is going good as well! I live day to day saying, "God will provide". And He does! I came into May very on edge as I knew car tags are due, our first payment of medical insurance is coming out, and both kids had activities that needed payments. But as He does, things will be covered... I got a call 2 days ago asking if my summer care kids could start early. What a blessing.
Dustin continues on his job search as many of people are praying and giving him leads. He really enjoys the work at his part time job but doesn't know if/when he would move up in hours. Dustin is also fixing peoples computers as they need help too, pretty neat that he is so well rounded in the skills that he has! Whata great hubby I have!
Looking over the last few months, I know I do not have it so bad. I have a house, a great (full) daycare, awesome family, and supportive friends. I know and understand I still get emotional when making cut backs, but I look around to see that everyone is cutting back and not just because of a loss of a job! I am blessed. Even when I down, I have a husband that picks me up, a God that doesn't give me more then I can handle, and 3 little girls that look up to me as their mommy. I am blessed.
I am looking ahead... for summer, for new daycare friends and activities, sports, swimming, family time, church time, pictures... I am looking ahead!

1 comment:

BethH said...

Awwww! Such a sweet post with y ou comments on God's provision. I'm so glad HE's ONE mighty BIG GOD!!! :) My load is heavy this summer too...ack, but on Tuesdays I only have 5 so am getting out and taking some field trips. I soooo wish we lived close so we could do this daycare thing together...well, lots of things like stamp, visit, play, etc. :)