Monday, December 1, 2008

Ohhhhhh! Christmas Tree!

Ever since Dustin and I have been married we have had to buy a "real" Christmas tree! This was a huge difference for me since all I ever grew up with was artificial ones. I must admit after all of these years, it has become on of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I enjoy taking the kids out to the tree farms, letting them run around, and help pick out our perfect tree. What started as Dustin and I picking out a tree has now expanded to us picking out a tree with three little helpers. Here are some pictures from our rainy and cold afternoon on Saturday!


Mia and Mommy looking at the trees! Mia didn't enjoy getting
rained on!


Kadyn had her pencil and post it notes with her. It actually came in handy when
tagging our tree possibilities.


Gaby was hugging all the trees. She said that was her test to find a perfect tree!
By the end of the afternoon, she was soaked from all the hugging!


This is one of my favorite pictures of Mia and Dustin. They both have their stocking hats on, in this picture I can tell Mia belongs to him! They look so much a like!


Here we are wet, cold, and ready to cut our tree! At this farm, they hand you a saw and you have to do the cutting your self. Now the tree is at our home (garage that is) and ready to be decorated! Another favorite of mine!

3 comments:

dfluke said...

What cute children! Those are some good photos.

Dawn Estes said...

Love the tree tradition. Me, I'm not one for sweeping up needles and I'm pretty sure I'm allergic (that's why I can't come see your decorations, really....), but I love seeing the fun you and your family had picking your tree! Now, when will we see it decorated?!

Katie said...

Aww, that sounds like so much fun. I love that KK had paper and pencil!