Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our snowy day

Our theme this week is Winter/Christmas. And, just as I had it in the lessons, it snowed for our "snow flake" project. I know, great planning, huh??!! It cracks me up to relive things through the eyes of children. Once one child noticed the snow, all of the where back by the door looking out to see the flakes. After the initial running and banging into the door took place, we took turns so we all could it the snow, and the little ones could have a turn too.


Here is H working on her snowflake ornament. We had a dark blue paint and white, we mixed it together to make a lighter shade of blue. The older ones really like to see how things change.

This is my artsy view of our snowflakes as the dried... oh so pretty, if I do say so myself. And they will look that much better on the tree.
I know I do a lot of ornaments this time of year- as an adult those hand made ornaments (that I made 25 years ago) have become one of my favorite things that hang on the tree. I know they don't always look like much now but in years to come they will. I hope you enjoy them! They were so fun to make!


Okay- this picture has nothing to do with our snow theme but I am just excited that Mia is starting to like the bumbo chair and she is grabbing some of her toys now!

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

the ornaments look great! :o)

Katie said...

you are such a craft person. I might just have to call you for ideas. Those are just too cool! Do you have like a book or something you get your ideas from?