Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas party

Today was our daycare party! We had it today so everyone could participate. We ate, read stories, ate, danced to Christmas music, ate, did a craft, unwrapped daycare presents and ate. I must take a moment and say I have wonderful parents. They have made this holiday season a fun for me and the kids. I am truly spoiled. The parents brought gifts for the daycare and treats to share with everyone! Let me just say, I am glad I am doing Jazzercise or my waist would still be expanding! We had chips and cheese, popcorn, rice krispies treats, and BBQ beanie weenies. Yummo! That was just for our snacks!

Here are the kids getting my present to them. One of my friends had a great idea to make knot blankets for everyone. This idea seemed great until I started cutting and knotting...12 blankets later...whew! I was complaining and they almost did not get finished. But, I have to admit when I brought them out and they each have their own design they were excited. I was not sure how they would react to a blanket but they made all of the work truly worth it! I started hearing, "Laura I cold, I need my blanket" and "you made dis for me?". It was a fun time to watch! And, I do have to give Dustin some credit also, we spent 3 late nights working on these- he would cut and I would knot. Then he would feel sorry for me and knot with me. These wouldn't be finish without him as well!

The last 2 years we have not drawn names for daycare presents. I know it is hard to buy a gift for a child that your child knows but the parent may not. So, I have made it totally optional but if you want to do a gift buy one for the daycare, that way every child in my care will get use from the gift! Again-wonderful parents- Here are the items we received for the kids! Dress up uniforms, wooden blocks, Leap Frog reading DVD, and construction paper. You guys went above and beyond! You guys rock! As Gaby would say, "I am sugar happy" right now!

This was are party craft. This took us some time. First we traced everyones hands and then the kids helped glue on the hands, eyes, and nose! The "antlers" didn't stay on the back as well so I had to re-do it the hot glue. They are really excited about the Rodolph candy holders. They are adorable! Or, maybe it is the candy inside they are excited about-either way...cute!

Gaby wasn't able to be at our holiday party but she was excited to spread some Christmas cheer at school. While running errands last night we picked up a Santa hat for her to wear to school.


Every year my gift to the parents are the same. As everyone knows, I love taking pictures. We do a lot of fun things everyday so when I can, I try to capture it with the camera. I know first hand it is hard to drop your children off everyday and know there is a part of their day you are missing. And because of that I print off the entire year of daycare pictures for each child, put them in an album for my moms and dad. It is a fun project to do, the parents love it, and you see how much each child had grown and developed in one year.
The Christmas season is off to a great start! 7 more days to go! Enjoy it while you can and thank you all for making the daycare party an awesome one!

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

Love it! Beautiful blankets and I know they'll be cherished forever!

Anissa said...

WOW!! What a great daycare provider! I wish my kids could come to your house! =)