Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

This weekend was Topeka Bible Church's annual Christmas light show! This is truly a cool thing that takes place! The side of the building is covered with lights, there are live musicians playing in the windows, a local station listen to the live music, parking attendants, computer nerds (insert Dustin here) , and then there was me! This year I got to be a part of the hospitality crew. I was so excited that my sister in law agreed to watch our girls so Dustin and I both could be apart of such a huge out reach event!
Saturday was great! The weather was nice, people had windows down, we talked to people as we passed out surveys and glow sticks. It was awesome!
Sunday night was a different story- still a fun time but not so much as the night before. On Sunday during the last three shows, it was 4 degrees outside. That is freakin' cold! No matter how many layers of clothing you have on! I had my "leading people to Jesus coat on" (aka my 15.00 brown coat that I justified buying since I was going to be outside), long underwear, sweatshirt, long sleeve shirt, 2 pairs of socks, and boats... and still couldn't feel my legs/toes most of the night! As Brain (our worship paster) puts it, "the hospitably crew took one for the team" and we were the "frozen chosen".


(This was my cute glove and scarf set) This was what I looked like after the first show...note the red cheeks! That smile is frozen on! 2 hours later and I still have it on my face!


After each show, we stood in a line and waved to everyone as they left!


Below is Dustin's cave...note the difference in climates. Above I am dressed head to toe in winter wear, below people are wearing short sleeved shirts, no hats, no gloves! Hum, I wonder who had it harder tonight??? This is the "monkey crew" that makes the show happen.

3 comments:

Mommy to 4 boys and 1 little girl! said...

I can't imagine how cold you had to have been. You guys all did an amazing job though, and it was greatly appreciated!

Anissa Engel said...

It was my turn to take the kids last night (Don and the kids went on Friday night) and it was great! I can't believe you were out in that cold though!! Hope you thaw out soon.

Katie said...

That was so much fun! The boys had a blast eating bobo's watching a show...what could be better?! I am glad we got to see you too!