Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve at the Fluke's

Christmas Eve has always been when Dorsett-Fluke get together for Christmas. The family comes over, we eat lots of snack type foods and unwrap presents. This Christmas Eve marks 3 years that Dustin and I moved in to our current house and have hosted this event. I remember our first Christmas like it was yesterday. We had our couch, chair, tree, gifts and beds. I often refer to that Christmas as our "Charlie Brown" Christmas. It was simple yet one of my favorite Christmas' ever.
This year we had everyone down; Mat, Amy, Reese, Leo-Leo, Grammy, Papa, Great-Grandma, Dustin, Laura, Gaby, Kadyn, and Mia. It is always such a treat to have everyone here to celebrate. However, my favorite part is watching my girls tear into their gifts with such anticipation. Such an awesome parent feeling! Here are some pictures of our gift feast! Enjoy!


Our spread of food (my dad and brother doing something)


Grammy and Santa Mia

Mia is showing of her gifts. She received 2 pairs of shoes, lots of outfits, and some great toys for when she is a little older!

Gaby is posing in her new shirt and Wii PJ pants. I bought Dustin a pair of Wii pajamas and Gaby was so upset she wasn't getting any- so I luckily found some pants in the boy section, they were a hit! Go mom!

Gaby and her make up set from Grammy and Papa!

Kadyn and her tower of gifts- she had a Barbie themed Christmas this year!


Matt, Leo, Amy and Grammy

Here I am getting ready to pass out the gifts- it took longer to pass them out then to unwrap!

Mia and Leo doing some time...tummy time that is! I think Mia is trying to figure out who is laying next to her! I love this picture!

After everyone is gone and we are winding down, we go outside and spread Reindeer Food in the yard to help make sure Santa stops at our house! (This year we made ours at Dawn's place) We also sat out a special treat for Santa...Dr.Pepper, candied pecans, chips, fudge, and an apple. Not the normal plate of food but we figure the big man get milk and cookies from a lot of house- we're into making our own traditions!!!

No comments: