Monday, December 1, 2008

Real woman talk about weight!!!

Yes! I am posting about my weight and how frustrated I am in how things are going! I have always been a chunky monkey and to this point I have been happy with a little junk in my trunk. Recently, I lost about 30lbs with the birth of my baby in August. And with that 30lbs I went down 4 jean sizes. I was so freakin' happy! And, thought I could keep on, keeping on. I thought since I had lost 30, I could keep it going and lose another 30. Well, I have quickly learned that when I am not pregnant and puking every morning, I GAIN WEIGHT! Can some one please tell me how I can chase after 8 kids infants, toddlers, and preschoolers all day and still be gaining weight??? Come on now, this isn't right! I am frustrated because I have been creeping back up slowly. I am up about 8 lbs from when I started. I want to start walking (Santa can I PLEASE have a fold up treadmill???) but now it is freezing and dark when I have time. I want to join the gym that is up the street but don't want to take time away from my family to go in the evenings ( I know- I am whining because I could try to go in the morning but I struggling to get out of bed by 6:40). Then I find out there is a Jazzerise (?) up the street from me but again, butt crack of dawn wake up time and with an infant still getting up, I am still needing all the sleep I can get, I even asked a friend to have a weekly weigh in as motivation...so, I think I am just going to be fat the rest of my life! I already have my "true" friends, I am already married, and I am just happier when I can eat! So, there it is..! And then, if the weight gain isn't bad enough, after my meltdown last night I went to Dillons (after already doing my weekly shopping at Walmart) and drop another 65.00 of healthy crap that doesn't fill me up! So, today is a new day,I got over my "I will be fat" stage and decided I will continue to lose weight! I had a bagel, cream cheese and a diet milkshake for breakfast. Then for lunch I had a diet soda and 3 sugar cookies with icing on it! See- I can't go one day without breaking my own will! I am weak! I need help! I need motivation!!!


Here is why my waistband is expanding!!!
Cute little kids with cookies and yummies all over them!


These really have nothing to do with my weight issues but we made cookies Saturday night and we had such fun decorating them and of course eating them!!!

5 comments:

dfluke said...

You're perfect just the way you are :)

Dawn Estes said...

Aaaaawwwwww - now here I was gonna commiserate and possibly leave a smart alleck comment and I see this mushy love from your hubby. A little teary now. Sigh. So sweet.

Katie said...

I think you look great! I've been going through the same thing you have. I keep thinking I'll get up early and never do and then I get all mad at myself. One thing I've learned though, you can't totally not eat things you like, just not as much or often. So go ahead, eat a cookie! Just eat only one!
Love ya Laura!

Anissa Engel said...

I think you look fabulous! I go through the same thing after having a baby if it makes you feel better. Maybe one day we'll all get motivated, but until then, you look great!

Unknown said...

You look wonderful!! Every time I see you (I know it's not often)you look like you're getting smaller. I know if I have a work out buddy it helps keep me accountable especially since I'm someone who doesn't want to disappoint. Most importantly...find exercise you enjoy. Going to the gym doesn't do it for me but my jazzercise and toning class through parks and rec I love. It makes it easier to go. Good luck!!