Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gingerbread Math

Today we did some math and science activities with our theme. This was our math time today. I took the outline of the gingerbread man and put all numbers on the sheet. The directions were to circle the number "8" (number of the week). I went over the instructions one time and let them at it. I will be honest, I was not expecting much from this activity. I thought there would be circles on every number, kids coloring the entire sheet, or just nothing at all!

I was busting out the seems when I saw that my three year olds were doing it. They were circling the correct numbers! And if that wasn't enough, they were discussing it with their friends. I heard: "Dis isn't an 8, dis is a free" and "I count to 8 not to 5" and "I sawed an 8 here, do you got that one?"

Anyway, I thought I would share an awesome moment here at the daycare! Hope everyone is having a rock star day!

No comments: