Thursday, December 4, 2008

The busy season!

Let me just start out by saying, I am a bit of a control freak. I love the Christmas season yet it stresses me out to no end. Getting the house decorated, getting the tree up, and then making sure it is all kid friendly! Do you ever feel like you are never "caught up"??? Holy Moly that is where I am at. I am not caught up on laundry, I am not caught up on dishes, and I am not caught up on food shopping (don't worry, you're kids will be fed lunch tomorrow). So, I am feeling a little out of control. It is times like this, I remember a bible study lesson that was for busy moms. The assignment was to make a "to-do" list... that isn't hard, I have about 20 of them, then take each item and pray about it. When I do this, my list become so much easier to tackle and I feel that God is in control and that is where it should be. I have to remind myself of this, it doesn't come easy because, again, I want the control. Anyway, as I am re-doing my never ending list, I am praying about it.

Another reason I fall behind is my three young kids: Gaby, Kadyn, and Mia! Last night we had a fun evening getting the tree finish up with the last step, decorating it! Here are some festive pictures of our night! Hope you are having a wonderful winter day!

So far, Mia is such a good sport, she'll smile and giggle when we start taking pictures.

The girls in action- you can tell there is one branch K decorated, there are about 20 bulbs on one branch.

Gaby by the tree- Yes! Her pants are wet- we had been posing for pictures but the floor was wet from the tree water spilling...Nice!


This one is a favorite of mine- KK and I by the tree! Kadyn is so hard to get a good smile out of so most of her pictures are giggling and goofy!

1 comment:

Dawn Estes said...

You can do it girl - one thing at a time. love the tree! (and the wet pants picture!)